The mission of the Grant County Weed Board is to preserve all lands from the degrading effects of noxious weeds, by promoting weed control through public education, personal contact with landowners and carrying out the State of South Dakota law under SDCL 38-22.
- The prevention or limiting of the growth, spread or development of weeds and pests within the county on both public and private land.
- The control of weeds and pests within the county right of ways.
- The enforcement of county rights of way and the infringements there of.
- The coordination of 911 signing; placement, location and repair.
- Mosquito control and abatement.