Providing Rental Assistance to Individuals and Families in Grant County
The Milbank Housing Authority provides assistance to people that are renting their homes in Grant County. If you are having difficulty meeting your monthly rent payments, this program may be able to help.
Assistance is based on the following things:
- Your gross monthly income from work, Social Security or SSI, self-employment, child support or other sources.
- Any one may apply, but preference is given to elderly and/or disabled members of the household.
- Assistance covers any house, mobile home or apartment in Grant County. The place you have chosen to live must meet basic Housing Quality Standards and be approved by the director of the program.
- Program director works with landlords to make sure tenants are receiving safe and decent housing as well as assuring that monthly rent is being paid.
- Program director works with Social Services and Interlakes Community Action to coordinate service to meet the needs of low-income individuals and families.
Applications are also available from the Social Services office located in the Grant County Courthouse on the first floor.