ASSISTS VETERANS, DEPENDENTS AND SURVIVORS APPLY FOR BENEFITS
The Grant County Veterans Service Officer (VSO) acts as an advocate and assists veterans, and their dependents and survivors in applying for veterans' benefits including benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs and the State of South Dakota. Referrals are also made to other agencies that may have potential benefits for veterans.
Areas of primary activity are VA health care, education, disability claims, death benefits, survivor's benefits, home loan certificates, and obtaining military records and discharges.
The county VSO is an excellent source for information on all matters relating to veterans' benefits. The VSO has the training and experience to serve veterans' needs. The county Veterans Service Office:
- offers complete claims service and explanation of VA procedures.
- provides follow-up service once a decision has been made.
- provides information regarding eligibility at VA medical facilities.
- assists eligible South Dakota veterans in applying for the South Dakota State Bonus Program.
Veterans are encouraged to register their discharge information (DD Form 214, Report of Separation) with the Grant County Register of Deeds Office.
Hours of Operation : Tues & Wed 9am to noon, 1pm to 5pm. Thurs 9am thru 2:30pm
- Department of Veteran Aaffairs
- VA Home Loan Information
- VA Education Benefits
- VA Online Application Site
- SD Department of Military& Veteran Affairs
- SD Department of Veteran Affairs
- New South Dakota Veterans Website